Friday, June 27, 2008

Top Five


This post is inspired by two things: The movie High Fidelity, which is awesome and you must go out and rent if you haven't seen it, and not having anything interesting to blog, but wanting to anyway. I hope this at least inspires some comments! So, here it goes, five top five lists (enjoying the symmetry as much as I am?!)

Top Five Things that Really Grind My Gears:
1. the formatting situation on Blogger: why must I always battle with you when I want pictures on a post?!
2. the word "panties": please call it underwear, at least in my presence, because the "p" word is just like nails on a chalkboard and a sororiety get-together all in one for me
3. when someone (wonder who that could be?!) can see that you're busy or in the middle of something and comes up to you anyway saying "Hey, Patty. Do you have a second?"
4. not having any money: it's not even because I want to go out and buy a whole bunch of crap (although I would like a new iPod since mine died over the weekend and some furniture for the house since Alex and I only have a few pieces), but I would like to be able to go home more than once a year or take a vacation with my boyfriend where the only things on the agenda are lying on the beach, fishing, and snorkeling
5. living in a place populated with people who think for some reason that they are better than everyone else: I don't like snobby people anyway, but I fail to understand why a public university in Michigan that treats its employees like crap, its patients like nuisances, and its students like a waste of time has the right to thumb their noses at others

Top Five Favorite Quotes:
1. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step."
2. "Telling the truth is so much easier: every lie requires a lifetime of maintenance."
3. "Nothing that's worth having in life comes easy."
4. "Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
5. "Whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." (thanks, Tricia!)

Top Five Dream Vacation Spots:
1. Australia: pretty much anywhere on the coast would be okay with me- I just want to be able to go snorkeling there and perhaps see a koala in real life
2. Greece: I have recently decided that this is where I want to go for my honeymoon (no one steal that idea!)
3. Ireland
4. Spain
5. Italy

Top Five Favorite Movies of All-Time:
1. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
2. Good Will Hunting
3. Dogma
4. Reality Bites
5. Home for the Holidays

Top Five Episodes of Friends
1. "The One with the Metaphorical Tunnel"
2. "The One with the Embryos"
3. "The One where No One's Ready"
4. "The One with the Nap"
5. "The One with the Rumor"

And just as Phoebe "invites you to count the colors of your room," I invite you to ponder your own five top fives :) Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love it! I have not attempted a Friends episode list before, but The One with the Embryos is absolutely on mine. The One with the Metaphorical Tunnel, kind of a surprise, very nice. I knew two of yours without reading the list, oh yeah (Nap and No one Ready). Bravo.

Tricia said...

So that last quote on your list - I was telling Justin about it and he recognized it from a poem called "The Desiderata." Here's a link to the full text:
http://www.fleurdelis.com/desiderata.htm
I thought it was pretty cool!

Patty said...

That is really cool- I love it :) Thanks for sharing, Justin (by way of Tricia)!