Monday, June 16, 2008

Good News!

I know most of you can probably guess what I am referring to by the title of this post, but Alex and I have some great news! This morning, he was offered the job at Johns Hopkins that he interviewed for on Friday and we are in the process of applying for this adorable rowhouse near Union Station in DC. I probably should wait until we know for sure and we both realize that it's not guaranteed, but these are some pictures of the place we want to live. Isn't it adorable???


The owner seems really nice- he is actually a Seattlite, small world!- and his family (he, his wife, and their son) is moving back to Seattle at the end of the month. In addition to the rooms pictured here, there is a basement with plenty o' storage, two bedrooms, these fun nooks off the back of one bedroom (on the top floor) and the dining room that can be used as an office, extra storage, etc. I am so excited to have a dishwasher and washer/dryer in unit again- I can't even tell you!

The property is being handled by a management company since they will not be in town, so we have to go through them, but Jeff (the owner) said that he wants us to live there as well, so hopefully it will work out. Phew- what an expensive, time-consuming, and stressful weekend we had! It seems like we accomplished what we set out to do in that time, though. Not bad for three days work!



I will write a longer post later, but I just wanted to update everyone on the breakthroughs :)

2 comments:

nicole said...

SUCH good news!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I'm so glad things are coming together. The place is SO cute!