Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I'm Sorry...You've Been Bamboozled

Friends, anyone? Well, I am very new to the blogging world and apparently you can be "tagged," which means you must answer some random questions and post it on your blog. So, here goes:

4 things i was doing 10 years ago (despite your math, Nicole, ten years ago we were gettting ready to enter MHS):

1. Getting my braces taken off in time to start high school :)

2. Helping plan a baby shower for my friends and I's favorite teacher, Mrs. Schroeder (I just realized that that means Alisa is almost 10- weird!)

3. Getting ready to visit Washington, DC, Philadelphia, and New York on the junior high east coast trip (so fun!)

4. Um, this is difficult because my memory is pretty bad about junior high...

4 things i was doing 5 years ago:

1. Playing intramural softball and getting beamed in the outfield by a fly ball (complete with black eye...I looked like I was part of some sort of underground fighting ring)

2. Skipping Dr. Doyle's English class to go to a Mariners game

3. Experiencing a crazy heat wave (very atypical for Seattle) and complaining about the lack of AC in Xavier

4. Impulsively mass emailing my ENTIRE university in defense of some unfair comments made about me in our school newspaper by this guy in my dorm (I had no idea he harbored such animosity toward me, so it was quite the shock reading about it in the Spectator...in response I refused to be a spectator- hehe- and learned a valuable lesson about thinking before I speak/email/communicate with the outside world)

4 things i did yesterday:

1. Becoming a blogging fiend!

2. Experiencing a new wave of anger at my boss for not letting Alex take a day off while Katrin is in town, even though he's not taken vacation since Christmas

3. Meeting the infamous Katrin, Alex's girlfriend from his early college days...she had a conference in Chicago, so she decided to give A2 a lookover while she was in the area (hopefully she's not too bored while she's here)

4. Talking to my dad on the phone- it was so good hearing from him, it had been a while...I love the way we always end up waxing philosophical about politics and basketball

4 shows i like to watch:

1. Scrubs- so hilarious and silly, yet adeptly tackles real issues in medicine and life in general

2. Lost- it is the most original concept for a show I have ever seen and the way the writers get you emotionally invested in the lives of the characters (they are so well-drawn that they truly feel like real people)

3. Friends- one of the most quotable, rewatchable shows I know ("I'm hopeless and awkward and desperate for love!" - that gem is courtesy of Chandler, my favorite friend!)

4. Six Feet Under- it is artistic (each episode feels like a mini-movie), sad, moving, fucked up (there's no way around that description- where to begin!), engaging, addictive, and so many other things!

Well, there ya go! I don't have anyone to tag, so I guess that will die with me. Enjoy!

2 comments:

nicole said...

yup you are right i was thinking 14 meant end of frosh year, but yes it was jr. high. lol even if i had known that i would have TOTALLY forgot about the DC trip AND the baby shower let alone jen's babys name! wow... i am now reminded why; we callled you 'the brain'

Anonymous said...

I just watched that episode of Friends! I enjoy.